Jennifer French
Jennifer French, Technician
Experience:  Owner at Down Home Technical Solutions

My Hewlitt-packard printer-scanner-fax will not print.

Customer Question

My Hewlitt-packard printer-scanner-fax will not print. Message is: printerhead problem
Code is OXC19a0020
Please advise
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Jennifer French replied 1 month ago.

Hello! Thank you for choosing Just Answer! My name is ***** ***** I will assisting you today.

I understand that you are a getting a print head error. That is not good, but I will do whatever I can to help you resolve this.

Usually this means a mechanical or ink system failure. HP's usual remedy for this is to replace the unit. We will try some things before you have to do that. Here is where we will start.

1.) Go ahead and remove all cartridges and print head. Using a moist cloth clean the golden contacts on print head / cartridge as well as printer. DO NOT touch nozzle of cartridge. Don't put the cartridges back in yet.
2.) Remove the power cable from printer and unplug the printer from your computer.
3.) Press the printer power button and keep pressed for 3 minutes then release it.

4.) Now plug in the power cable and usb cable (connect printer to computer) and power on the printer.
5.) Now reinsert the ink cartridges and see if you can print.

If you CANNOT print and your printer is NOT under warranty, clean the print heads with some alcohol solvent or medical spirit. DO NOT use any water based solvent. You may soak the heads in solvent but not for too long.
If the printer IS under warranty, HP will replace your printheads for free. Otherwise, you will have to purchase the printheads and replace yourself.

If you have any other questions, please reply to this and I will get back with you as soon as possible.

If this answer has helped you reach a resolution, whether it be fixing it or replacing, please kindly rate my answer with 5-stars so that I may receive credit for assisting you today! It is much appreciated!

You have a wonderful day!

Were you able to resolve this? Let me know if you have any questions! Thank you!