Robert M., Consultant
Experience:  30+ yrs. experience in NYC computer industry working with PC and networks, banks, brokerage, legal etc.

How do I change ink in my WF-2650? in Houston

Customer Question

How do I change ink in my WF-2650?
Doug in Houston
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Jennifer French replied 1 month ago.

Hello! Thank you for choosing Just Answer! My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today!

I understand that you need to change the ink in your Epson printer. I can definitely assist you with that!

I have also included some visuals for you to refer to as well. Be sure to check those out!

1.) Turn your printer on.

- If an ink cartridge is expended, you see a message on the LCD screen. Note which cartridges need to be replaced, then select OK and press the up arrow button.

- If you are replacing a cartridge before you see a message on the LCD screen, press the up or down arrow button to select Setup and press the OK button. Then select Maintenance >Ink Cartridge(s) Replacement and press one of the Start buttons.

2.) Lift up the scanner unit. Do not touch the flat white cable inside the printer. Do not lift the scanner unit while the document cover is open.

3.) Squeeze the tab on the cartridge and lift the cartridge straight up to remove it.

4.) Gently shake the new cartridge four or five times. Then remove the cartridge from the package. Do not remove any labels or seals, or ink will leak. Do not touch the green chip on the cartridge. Install the new cartridge immediately after removing the old one; if you do not, the print head may dry out and be unable to print.

5.) Remove only the yellow tape.

6.) Insert the new cartridge into the holder and push it down until it clicks into place.

7.) Press the Color button to make sure the cartridges are installed correctly. If you see a message that an ink cartridge is installed incorrectly, lift up the scanner unit, and press the ink cartridge down until it clicks into place. Then close the cartridge cover.

8.) Close the scanner unit. The product starts priming the ink. This takes a few minutes. When you see a completion message on the LCD screen, ink replacement is complete. Do not turn off the product while priming or you will waste ink.

With these instructions, you should be able to resolve this! If you have ANY questions, please do not hesitate to reply to this so that we can resolve any issues together.

If you are able to resolve this with the instructions I have provided, please kindly rate this answer with 5-stars so that I may receive credit for assisting you today!

I hope you have a wonderful day!

Were you able to resolve this? Please let me know if you need further assistance! Thank you!

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I do not get the response you stated when I push OK on Maintenance. It will not print when I push PRINT.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Actually I could not reach the PRINT command. The arrows would not move me to the PRINT command.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
It seems that the arrows will not move the indicator on any command.

Hmm....I'm at a loss because the instructions that I sent were for that model. I am going to go ahead and opt out so that another Expert can devote more time to resolving this as I am not in my office today. This will be at no extra cost to you. Thank you for allowing me to answer your question! Stand by!

Expert:  Robert M. replied 1 month ago.

I have that exact model

If you want to pay a bit extra. ( and i will make it very cheap like 1/3 of what i usually charge)

i will get you my phone number and we can go over it step by step together me on my printer and you on yours.