Viet - Printer Tech
Viet - Printer Tech, Printer Technician
Experience:  Troubleshoot printers, scanners, etc.
30037186

I have a canon Pixma MG7120 printer. I had to replace the

Customer Question

I have a canon Pixma MG7120 printer . I had to replace the computer modem to a combination Modem/router. When I attempt to print I receive a message that there is an error in printing. I have checked and the printer is definitely recognized by my Computer, Lenova Windows 10 and nothing else has changed. What should I do?
Category: Printers
Expert:  Viet - Printer Tech replied 5 months ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. Are you able to go to the network / LAN / WLAN / wireless option on the printer's screen?

Can we do a remote support session, so I can troubleshoot the issue directly on your computer together with you?
Please reply at the box below. Thank you,

Please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help. Thank you,

Please try the following:

Solution #1:

1. Press the Home button on the printer.
  2. Swipe the screen from right to left, then tap on option / icon WLAN.
  3. Select option Wireless LAN Setup.
  4. Select option To other connection methods.
  5. Select option Standard setup.
  6. Then select / connect to your new modem/router's wi-fi / wireless network name.
  7. If successful, then check printing.

- Please click on the Canon website below for full instructions / illustrations:

http://www.canon.co.uk/support/consumer_products/pixma_printer_wireless_connection_setup/mg7140_printer_wireless_connection_setup/

, there, click on the option Standard Connection Method first, then follow the steps there

; Note: when you are at step #10 at the above website, when the printer's screen shows Connected to the access point, then tap OK, then stop. Then just print something from the computer and check.

Solution #2:

- If you have done Solution #1 successful, but it still cannot print, then on the computer, click on Start (which is the windows logo icon located at bottom left of computer's screen), then click on Settings

, then open Network & Internet, then click on Wi-Fi if it's wireless, then click on Advanced option on the right (scroll down as needed), then make sure to turn on option Make this PC discoverable. If the computer is wired, then click on Ethernet on the left, then click on Connected on the right, then make sure to turn on option Make this PC discoverable

, then see if you can print something now.

Solution #3:

1. If all fails, please click on Start -> Settings -> System -> Apps..., and uninstall all the Canon program(s), if it's there
  2. Then shut down / restart the computer
  3. Then right-click on Start, then click on Control Panel, then open Hardware and Sound / Devices and Printers. Then there, if you still see any Canon printer, then right-click on it, then click on Remove device and confirm Yes / OK to delete it for now.
  4. Then click on the Canon website below:
    https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/support/details/printers/inkjet-multifunction/mg-series-inkjet/mg7120?tab=drivers
  5. Then there, download and install the MG7100 series Full Driver & Software Package and follow the on-screen instructions during installation.
    ; Note: The download file name is called win-mg7100-1_1-ucd.
    ; (Note: If there is issue with the above website link, then use the direct website link http://tinyurl.com/js7aqa7 )

When you are available, please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help further. Thank you,

How is it going? Do you still need help with the printer issue and/or with anything else?

Please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help further. Thank you,