Robert M., Consultant
Experience:  30+ yrs. experience in NYC computer industry working with PC and networks, banks, brokerage, legal etc.

Canon imagerunner c3480i is shadow printer. How do I stop

Customer Question

Canon imagerunner c3480i is shadow printer. How do I stop this from happening?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Printers
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
After every document printed it is printing that page lightly in the background. Need a solution please.
Expert:  Robert M. replied 1 month ago.

Hi, I'm Robert and I'll be helping you with your printer question.

Expert:  Robert M. replied 1 month ago.

that is usually a bad drum unit.

the drum unit is what takes the picture of what is to be printed and magnatizes it to hold the toner in the right place so it can be fused onto the paper.

when the drum goes bad it doesnt hold it well enough so you get shadow images where the extra toner that didn't stick gets fused.

on that printer the drum units cost almost 200 bucks per color

If it is more than one color doing it you might have a power supply problem where the drums are ok but they aren't getting enough power to do the job.

so if it is just one color i would say you can just buy the drum and it is user replaceable

If it is all the colors i recommend having somebody local look at it before you spend any money on it.