John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

My epson wf2540 prints only the headers and images by not

Customer Question

my epson wf2540 prints only the headers and images by not the text
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Epson is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: wf2540 all in one - about 2 or 3 years old
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: pc win 10
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: It has been a long time - even with previous operating system. I have uninstalled, reinstalled, downloaded most current drivers. After installing new drivers - I did the test print and it was fine - restarted computer and still doesn't print correctly.
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Printers
Expert:  Bruce Wilner replied 2 months ago.

Firstly, I'm not sure to what "headers" you're referring. Do I conclude that you're trying to print e-mail messages, which routinely include "headers"?

I never heard of a printer printing the images but not the text. I have heard of the opposite, though, since text is trivial to print whereas images are a bigger deal, computationally speaking.

What software are you working with? What are the things you are printing that include headers, text, and images? How are you going about trying to print it?