John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.

This is an old Brother printer. It's been great up until

Customer Question

This is an old Brother printer. It's been great up until now. Now the red alarm light is on. The printer keeps pausing in the middle of a print job. We are using a Macbook pro.
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Brother is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: 8 year old? TN-460 is the model number.
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: MAC. Actually a Macbook Pro.
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: Issue for about a week. I have a script deadline and have managed to make it work.
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: It could just be the toner cartridge. Don't really want to replace it if the answer is that we need a new printer right this minute!
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 month ago.

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this but I'll do my best to help you.

Expert:  Nathan replied 1 month ago.

TN-460 is the toner part number, can you give me the printer model?

It would be something like HL-1240 or MFC-8300

I also need to know exactly what you see on the printer display/panel, meaning which lights you see, what color, each is, solid/flashing/pattern, etc.

Expert:  Nathan replied 1 month ago.

Do you need more help with this?
If so, simply reply back on this page.

Please note: You have already paid your fee to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so.