Richard, Technician
Experience:  Printer and scanner problem resolver for over 15 years

My brother MFC-7860dw. Will not scan. It prints and copies.

Customer Question

My brother MFC-7860dw. Will not scan. It prints and copies. But when I go to scan it says printers cover is open?? It is not though
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Richard replied 1 month ago.

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Can you please remove the power to the printer (so unplug it from the power socket).

Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the printer, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly.

Let me know the results please

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Hey Richard that did not work. It still says printer cover open. And will not feed for scan It will however feed if I want to copy. Then when I hit scan. It will scan but the feeder is not working
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Video Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 month ago.

Can you tell me which version of windows or mac you are using please?