Robert M., Consultant
Experience:  30+ yrs. experience in NYC computer industry working with PC and networks, banks, brokerage, legal etc.
23372949

Help Ive tried for hours to setup this mg7720

Customer Question

help
Ive tried for hours to setup this mg7720
Category: Printers
Expert:  Sudipto replied 6 months ago.

Thanks for posting your question on Justanswer.com, a global paid independent support site.My Name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today. What type of connection do you want to use for connecting the printer to the PC ? like USB, wireless etc. ?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
its an AIR printer
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
setup is really confusing
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
MG7720
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I ALREADY PAID 23$
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
i see no answer to my question
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
hello?
Expert:  Sudipto replied 6 months ago.

OK, do you want to print from your computer or other devices ?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Just set it up
ive paid 23$
im not paying 39$ more - and i dont see a answer
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Geez - 23 now 39?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
i feel like I'm being scammed
Where is the answer ive been told is somewhere?
Expert:  Sudipto replied 6 months ago.

First of all, this is an online site , so I cannot see your printer, I will need some extra information to understand the reasons for the problem and the $39 is for remote support, which is an optional service, so there is no need to take that, if you do not want that.

Expert:  Sudipto replied 6 months ago.

I have asked a questions and you have not answered it, I am asking it again. Do you want to print from the computer or any other devices ?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Mac. iphone
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
i feel stupid. :) Never had so much terrible with a printer
Expert:  Sudipto replied 6 months ago.

Ok, to enable the AIR print feature, which is needed to print from any other devices except the computer, for that you will need a wireless router at your place, do you have it and do you know the SSID and passcode of the router ?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I have a wireless router
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Apple
there is nothing wrong with network (home) Just trying to get the printer installed
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I see no response. Why does this need to be so difficult. How do I connect MG7720
Expert:  Sudipto replied 6 months ago.

I am not saying that, there is anything wrong with the network, I just wanted to know if you have wireless network present or not. First follow the steps below to conenct the printer with the wireless router and reply me back, after that we will work with the AIR print feature.

Tap Device settings.

Tap LAN settings.

Tap Wireless LAN connection.

A screen will appear asking if you want to connect a computer or smartphone, etc. to the printer with wireless LAN. Tap No.

Select Standard setup from Wireless LAN setup menu.

The screen will display a list of found wireless routers. Tap the name of the Wi-Fi router you want to connect to.

A password (network key) screen will appear. Enter your Wi-Fi password ***** press OK. You can enter uppercase, lowercase, numeric, and special characters. Please note that the password ***** ***** sensitive.

A screen will appear telling you that it has been connected to the wireless router. Press OK.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I dont see LAN anything Im on a Mac
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
thanks this is no help
Expert:  Sudipto replied 6 months ago.

Sorry, I forget to type that, you have to follow the steps on your printer and not on the computer.

Expert:  Sudipto replied 6 months ago.

I think, you are in a hurry, you are forgetting that you may be trying for hours and I admit it is indeed very frustration, but I am just working on this problem for the last half an hour only. I have given you the steps to follow on the printer and if you are not ready to cooperate with me then, it will be very difficult for me to solve the problem.

Expert:  Robert M. replied 6 months ago.

What problem are you running into exactly please