GeekGal, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  MIS degree and 15+ years experience with both Mac and Windows hardware & software

I just got new wireless modem installed and the printer is

Customer Question

I just got new wireless modem installed and the printer is copying but will not print from laptop. I think I have done everything right but network says error and I don't see any way to fix it.
JA: What's the exact make and model of your printer, and can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: EPSON XP_630 less than a year old
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: HP laptop Windows 10
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: First time it has happened. I got new wireless modem working on laptop and just tried to print from file. Will copy but laptop status says error
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Printers
Expert:  GeekGal replied 1 month ago.

Hi there! My name is***** am a computer professional with over 15 years of experience with both Mac and Windows computers, phones, tablets, and printers. It would be my pleasure to assist you with this. Since you have a new wireless modem, you will need to change the network settings on your printer to match the new SSID (wifi name) and password. You can do it directly from the printer's lcd screen. Here are the steps:

1. Press the Home icon.
  2. Select Setup
  3. Select Network Settings
Expert:  GeekGal replied 1 month ago.

Please give this a try and let me know how it works for you. If this solves the problem, would you mind taking a moment to rate my service? I'd really appreciate it! Without a positive rating I am not credited for my answer. If this doesn't solve the problem be sure to let me know so we can continue troubleshooting.

You can click the link below to access the user manual for your printer. I thought it might be helpful to you. It is in pdf format so you can save it to your computer for future reference or print it out (but do keep in mind that is over 300 pages).