John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

My Canon MX922 printer says error no pages found whenever I

Customer Question

My Canon MX922 printer says error no pages found whenever I try to print. Earlier in the day I was having trouble accessing my outlook.com email account. I thought I would try the ONYX program to clean out any "bugs" It said that the disk was corrupted and I should use the MAC start up disk. So I inserted it and let it do its thing. Unfortunately, I bought my IMAC in 2008, so it's old. Anyway the printer was bought a couple of years ago. When I used the original IMAC start up disk, it must have wiped out the Canon set up. I have tried to set up the Canon again. It was a wired connection, but I still can't print.
JA: Has your Canon done this before? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: No. I've never had trouble with this printer, unlike previous HP printers. I bought it on 11/24/2014.
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: It's a large screen desktop MAC, purchased in 2008.
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: This happened this morning when I used the ONYX application to see if it would improve my outlook.com email. The email kept freezing up. My computer can no longer accept the latest Safari updates. Anyway, the ONYX program said that the disk was needing repair and that I should use the original start up disk. That apparently was a big mistake, because it discarded the Canon connection or set up. I check the Canon website for instructions on setting up the printer. I followed the instructions, but still no change in the error message.
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I have a wireless network in the house, but the printer was set up using a USB cable connected to my computer.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Jason Jones replied 3 months ago.

I am the person that will be helping you today.

When you attempt to print to the printer, does the printer itself do anything, make any error noises, or anything to that effect?

I will be standing by, looking forward to your response.

Thank you,
Jason