John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.

I Have a HP Deskjet printer F4180 and put a new cartilage in

Customer Question

I Have a HP Deskjet printer F4180 and put a new cartilage in of color and now I can't print. It says that there is a error and the color and black lights both blink on the printer in red. What can I do to stop and fix that?
Thank you so much for your help as I do love the printer
Ron Swinehart
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 month ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

That problem may be quite upsetting, but I feel sure we can reach a resolution of it with a little attention and slight effort.

Please tell me, what color cartridge did you just put into the printer? was it a HP OEM-original cartridge, rather than a 'compatible' cartridge, or a refilled cartridge, etc. ?

And, what was the number on the package, for the color cartridge you just put in, please?