John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.

Error code 6500 Its a Pixma 6600D, Canon iP6600D, error code

Customer Question

Error code 6500 Its a Pixma 6600D
JA: Just to clarify, have you double-checked the code? And what is the exact make and model of your machine?
Customer: Canon iP6600D, error code 6500. It won't do anything but flash the error message. Have unplugged and restarted but no success
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: Mac OS 10.11.6 It was fine couple of days ago
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: Nothing at all to my knowledge. It was off, I turned it on and got this message
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Printers
Expert:  GeekGal replied 1 month ago.

Hi there Jamie! My name is***** am a computer professional with over 15 years of experience with both Mac and Windows computers, phones, tablets, and printers. It would be my pleasure to assist you with this. May I ask how long you have this printer?