John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

For the first time i have a paper jam. can't seem to find

Customer Question

for the first time i have a paper jam. can't seem to find it. don't know what to do
JA: What's the exact make and model of your printer, and can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: workforce 645
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: pc windows
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: the first time as said. was printing a document 2 sided and 2 sheets came thru the 3rd did not. said paper jam
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no, is this going to cost money
Category: Printers
Expert:  Russell H. replied 3 months ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

If the printing was 2-sided and one sheet is missing, then you should probably look in the rear or 'duplex' part of the machine.

Or perhaps the paper is in the underside of the machine, also, that would require a special approach to find the paper.

Does your printer model have a removable rear duplexing unit? if so, remove it by unlatching it, and see if it contains the missing sheet of paper.

Or open the rear door of the printer, if it does not have a removable rear duplexing unit.

Does this sound like the right track? let me know, and I will advise you further.