Russell H., Printer and Office Tech
Experience:  11+ yrs experience, inkjets & lasers, from huge to portable
13568747

I have an 1138 error on my Epson 7900 printer, 3 to 4 years.

Customer Question

I have an 1138 error on my Epson 7900 printer
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Epson is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: 3 to 4 years. Epson 7900
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: MAC OS X 10.11
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: The paper jammed
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I need to clean some nozzles
Category: Printers
Expert:  Russell H. replied 3 months ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

That error might mean that, in removing the paper that jammed, the printer's ribbon cable up to the moving carriage assembly and the printhead, was jarred, or even damaged.

First try turning Off the printer for awhile, say several hours, to cool off and reset.

If that doesn't work, recollect how you removed the jammed paper, whether it was crumpled up against the ribbon cable, etc. If it was, then you might need to check the ribbon cable for damage, stress, or having been pulled loose (if pulled loose of its connector at one end, it will need to be re-seated in place, carefully and according to my instructions, and with the power Off and with the printer unplugged of course.

At worst, and if the error persists and is owing to no evident cause, the printer may have to be replaced, or serviced. How old is the printer?