Sudipto, Engineer
Experience:  DIploma in Computer Hardware

My HP Envy 4500 printer will not power on. If I removed the

Customer Question

my HP Envy 4500 printer will not power on. If I removed the cabe and then reinsert the cable the power light goes on and then blinks on and off and then I hear a slamming noise and the power light goes off.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Sudipto replied 1 month ago.

Thanks for posting your question on, a global paid independent support site.My Name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today. The problem you are facing can be caused by few reasons.

1. If the main board is defective.

2. If the power socket is defective.

3. If some spares are damaged.

Now, try to unplug the printer for 10 mins. and then check the issue. If the problem persists then, unfortunately, either the board is defective or some spares are defective. But, from your description, if seems the board is defective. this can happen when some capacitors on the board do not get charged when you power on the printer and in that case, there are only two options left to solve this problem. One is repairing the printer or two replacing the mainboard.

Now, the better option is replacing the printer instead of replacing the board, because the cost of the replacement if more than the price of a new printer. If the printer is less than 3 years of then, you can go the repairing option, because that can save you some money. If the printer is less than one year or has any extended warranty then, you can get it replaced from HP free of cost. Let me know, if you need any further information otherwise please remember to give a positive rating, as that is the only way I am compensated for my time and effort.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
If there are parts and defective parts in the printer the the question below: Would I prefer to securelyconnect to my device and fix it for me, wouldn't apply. Yes ?
Expert:  Sudipto replied 1 month ago.

No, that is an optional service and does not apply for your case, it is only used for software problem.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Well, I can't say I'm satisfied with the results because you were not able to fix my problem. I don't care to proceed any further. Thank you.
Expert:  Sudipto replied 1 month ago.

I can understand, but you have to also understand that this is a hardware fault and in that case, I can only tell you how to fix the problem, as it is not possible for me to repair the printer physically. If this is a software problem, I could have solved the problem by giving you the steps or by remote support.