Ashik, Technician
Experience:  Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), Professional Experience in Printers
16433418

Hp envy printer 5530 has 6 printing jobs lined up and I

Customer Question

hp envy printer 5530 has 6 printing jobs lined up and I cannot stop them from printing
Category: Printers
Expert:  Ashik replied 3 months ago.

Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

You have to reset the printing queue. Are you using an Apple Mac or Windows PC ?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Windows pc
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Tell me how
Expert:  Ashik replied 3 months ago.

Press Windows and R keys and this will bring Run. Type services.msc and press enter

From the resulting window, find Print Spooler. Right click on it and select Stop.

Then press Windows and R to bring run again and type the following command or copy and paste to there and press enter

%SYSTEMROOT%\system32\spool\PRINTERS

Click Continue if asked. Delete all files from the resulting window (from the resulting Printers folder)

From the resulting window, find Print Spooler. Right click on it and select Start. That will do it.

Please let me know if that didn't work, so we can continue troubleshooting.

Expert:  Ashik replied 3 months ago.

Are you having any difficulty on following the steps above ?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
did not work
Expert:  Ashik replied 3 months ago.

Did you delete all files in PRINTERS folders ?

Expert:  Ashik replied 3 months ago.

If the above is not working, then do the following to get rid of queue

Press Windows and X at same time and this will bring a pop up window. Select Command Prompt (Admin). Run it. Or Press Windows and R, type cmd and press enter

Then type the following commands exactly and press enter after each line

net stop spooler

del /F /QC:\Windows\System32\spool\PRINTERS\*

net start spooler

Try to print.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
your responses messed up my computer such that I had to reload the HP Envy disc into my computer. Following your instructions, my computer lost the SPOOL mechanism and I could not find any printer. I am fortunate to have had the disc - by reloading the disc and allowing the printer to keep printing, the problem disappeared. Please credit my account for any charges you may have made.
Expert:  Ashik replied 3 months ago.

I'm sorry. The instructions will never mess up anything. The above steps are to stop spool, delete queue files and restart spool. It will never delete spool mechanism. You probably didn't restart spool after stopping it. Or you probably entered the commands wrong.

You can contact***@******.*** and they will do a full refund. Please don't rate the answer anything to process refund.

Best Regards,