John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

HP officejet pro 8600 will wirelessly print from computer or

Customer Question

HP officejet pro 8600 will wirelessly print from computer or either ipad. However, if I use the ipad to print, I have to cancel any pending print jobs from the dell computer, turn the printer off, restart the computer, then turn the printer back on before I can print from the computer. How can I seemlessly change from wireless ipad printing to wireless dell computer printing without restarting the equipment involved?
Category: Printers
Expert:  Russell H. replied 3 months ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

Perhaps it is as simple as turning the iPad to Off, truly Off and shut down, for 5 minutes or 15 minutes or longer, in order for the link between iPad and printer, by wireless, to be 'broken' or superseded or what.

Or you could try turning Off WiFi on the iPad for that long, also.

And perhaps, if those two measures do nothing for the situation, you might need to review

A. what driver version you have on the computer, and whether it is truly well installed, and

B. what app you are printing from on the iPad.

Please let me know what results you get from trying these measures... they will indicate how a solution may be reached that is more elegant than either or any of these possible procedures.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Restarting wifi, router and ipads did not work. Home office computer works wirelessly. IPad now working. Laptop computer will not. Reinstalled printer driver laptop computer but error code 0x80070005. Retry. Same result.
Expert:  Russell H. replied 2 months ago.

I'm sorry to hear that all efforts so far have failed.

Where did the error message appear, on the computer screen or on the printer itself?

And, it appeared apparently in response to what action or attempted action or task?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I eventually fixed all the issues. What worked for your future reference. Remove printer softwear from laptop computer. Reinstall on laptop using website (NOT CD that came with printer which I used on the tower). Error code above only came up when I tried to use the CD on the laptop. Perhaps it was because tower computer used Winndows 10 and laptop used Windows 7, I don't know. Don't care. Seems fixed.

The CD should have worked for Windows 7, if it worked for Windows 10... vice-versa would have been different.

And yes, that's sensible of course... it's a cure I have used myself, and I was leading up to it, once I had made sure the error wasn't a code on the printer itself (which usually means a problem only in the printer, not in the software on the computer.)

Thank you for asking your question here at JustAnswer.com.