John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

How to connect xp630 to pc running windows 10 dell 2330

Customer Question

how to connect xp630 to pc running windows 10 dell 2330
Category: Printers
Expert:  Viet - Printer Tech replied 6 months ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. Is this a new printer or new computer? Or was it working fine previously?

Can we do a remote support session, so I can troubleshoot the issue directly on your computer together with you?
Please reply at the box below. Thank you,

Please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help. Thank you,

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
new printer 2yr old pc has never been connected all I need to know is what correct ports instruction whether to go to pc or browser instruction page-no damn good agreed to $23 but now you want $39 $39 will not be paid

Sorry, please ignore that. Can I connect remotely to your computer with the small amount as shown, then I can fix the printer issue directly and quickly on your computer for you?

Please reply at the box below; we guarantee our service. Thank you,

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
very simple where does the connection cord plug in?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
cancel the request for help

Sorry, the issue is a bit complicated; please answer the following questions, so I can troubleshoot the issue:

Do you mean the connection on the printer or on the computer?

Do you have a USB printer cable?

Do you have the printer's driver / software CD disk? If yes, have you tried to install it?

Please reply at the box below; we guarantee our service, so don't worry. Thank you,

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
usb cable yes
software disk yes tried it no i'm not because I don't how to marry the two. not a minister pc and printer
printer-pc hook up cable or wire to pc or browser?

Are you able to connect the USB cable to both printer and computer?

Can you just run / install the printer's CD disk and follow the on-screen instruction? Or if you'd like to, I can connect remotely to your computer and do it directly for you.