John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.

On Epson XP -810 the print is very blurry, suddenly, when I

Customer Question

On Epson XP -810 the print is very blurry, suddenly, when I reloaded paper. I tried print head alignment process as per directions on screen and there is no improvement. In doing the realignment I used regular print paper I've always used and put it in the lower cassette, which I think is cassette number 2, as directed. Help, please!
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Printers
Expert:  GeekGal replied 1 month ago.

Hi there David. My name is***** am sorry that you are\having this problem, and I will do my best to help.

If your printouts are blurry or smeared, try these solutions:

• Make sure your paper is not damp, curled, old, or loaded incorrectly in your product.
  • Use a support sheet with special paper, or load special paper one sheet at a time.
  • Make sure your paper meets the specifications for your product.
  • Use Epson papers to ensure proper saturation and absorption of genuine Epson inks.
  • Make sure the paper type setting in your product software matches the type of paper you loaded.
  • Remove each sheet from the output tray as it is printed.
  • Avoid handling printouts on glossy paper right after printing to allow the ink to set.
  • Turn off any high speed settings in your product software.
  • If you print on both sides of a sheet of paper, smudges may appear on the reverse side of heavily saturated or dark images. If one side of a sheet will contain a lighter image or text, print that side first. Adjust the Print Density and/or Increased Ink Drying Time settings.
  • Run a nozzle check to see if any of the print head nozzles are clogged. Then clean the print head, if necessary.
  • Align the print head.
  • Clean the paper path.

Please let me know the results.

Expert:  GeekGal replied 1 month ago.

Here is a link to the user manual for your printer. I though it might be helpful to you.

I am investigating now to see if there are any manual cleaning steps that we can take.