Freddy M.
Freddy M., Technician
Experience:  Years of IT and customer support experience
15852642

I keep getting the message printer is in an error state. I

Customer Question

I keep getting the message printer is in an error state. I replaced two ink cartridges, and I have checked several times. the cartridges are locked in place. What should I do?
Category: Printers
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 3 months ago.

Hello my name is***** do not rate until we are finished. I look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem. Does the nozzle check pattern print properly? If it does what version of windows or mac is on the computer?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
The nozzle check pattern does print properly. The computer has Windows10.

Now we need to see if the program is the problem. Please print this page by holding down CTRL and while holding it down tap P. Does that give the same error message or does it print properly?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
It doesn't give the error message, but it seems not to connect to print the image. It says color copying, buy only prints a blank page.

How old is the machine? Did you happen to get an extended warranty? Is the nozzle check pattern faded at all? If you can not tell please scan it and attach it to your reply I will take a look at it for you.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
The copier was purchased in April 2012. No extended warranty. The nozle check pattern appears just like it always has in the past.
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 months ago.

On the lower left corner of your computer screen click on the (normally black) search box.

Type in control panel and open the control panel.

Click on "hardware and sound" and then on "device and printers".

Right click on your printer and then click on remove device.

Restart your computer and then reinstall the printer.

If you no longer have the disc use this download: Click Here

Once it is installed do not test it yet instead once again restart the computer then test it.

Now test the machine and let me know what happens.

If this works please do not forget to leave a positive rating it is greatly appreciated.

If this did not work instead of rating please reply and let me know what happened so we can continue to troubleshoot the issue.