John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.

I finally got a print out: it says 69961:

Customer Question

I finally got a print out: it says 69961: event_log_pen_failed_pen (3 times); then I reinstalled the new HP ink, as the ink sign flashes every time I try to print my document; then it says 69556: event_dirty_power_up (2 times); then
61. TYPE=0
62. ID=))FFFFFS -1545bd09
63. PX = 2
64. HP = 1
65. Use = )
66. STAT = 8
67 LOI = 0
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Printers
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
The printer is an HP Officejet 100 Mobile L411
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 month ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

(I regret that I am not able to offer Live Phone Call service at this time; However, your request is still open to other Experts in this category, and one of them may pick up on it at any time.)

What sort of ink supplies are being used in the HP printer in question, please? is it HP OEM-original ink/cartridges, or is it a refill system, remanufactured cartridges, 'HP compatible' cartridges, or something else?

How old is the printer and what is its past history, also, please?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
The ink is HP ink as required by the machine.Color 95, Black 98. I have installed and reinstalled. The printer is from 2013; I used it in Chicago during a six-eight week fellowship at the Newberry Library. I bought it at the Micro Center here in Denver; it has not been used since 2013, so I refreshed the ink and installed it. Thank you, ***** for trying to solve the problem.

Being disused for that long cannot have helped it any.

Tell me one thing, please: Are you using the batteries to power it? or is it being powered from the wall outlet?

And if it was unplugged for years, there may be a power problem of a certain sort... let me know.

One piece of guesswork-advice is: leave it plugged in for over 6 hours, but turned Off... then try again.

Let me know, please. Thanks.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thank you, ***** ***** was plugged into the wall when the ink sign was flashing. Since I am messing with it I also installed the battery, whereupon the electricity sign flashed. I left it flashing and went off for the weekend. I am not now near the printer. The next time I will be near it is Tuesday morning.

Thanks for the update. Keep me posted, as anything new develops.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
This question is not closed for me; I still have the ink sign flashing and the battery sign is now green. I still can't get the printer to print, and it SHOULD, darn it. My computer fell off line for a week.

I understand. And I'm sorry to hear about the difficulties.

Your printer is 3 years old and it sounds as if it may have a power problem and/or a circuitry problem. Would you think it worth some more effort to get it working?

Would you think it worth taking to a repair shop for repairing?