John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

I cannot scan. I get a tw007 message and brother has given

Customer Question

I cannot scan. I get a tw007 message and brother has given me several things to do to repair and its not working. I do have 3 wireless routers throughout this home b/c its a concrete wall and floor home so we needed extras to get the wireless signal. I have tried it on 4 computers and getting the same response.
JA: What is the machine's exact make and model? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: mfc9130cw the unit is about 3 yrs old worked fine then overnight it just started to give the error code scans but then sticks at 10% and then gives error
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: says pc windows 8
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: we had a new wireless network put in to help with signal to printer its been occurring for about 3 weeks
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: brother gave us several options to try. reinstalling printer drivers and also downloading a new program but it hasn't helped wont print from windows fax/scan or any other program either
Category: Printers
Expert:  Cody replied 3 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today.

Expert:  Cody replied 3 months ago.

Can I remotely connect to your computer, so I can troubleshoot this issue with you?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Expert:  Cody replied 3 months ago.

ok

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Im not paying xtra. I was told itd be $5 and they charged $23. Thanks though. Not sure where my money is going. Ive yet to get any help
Expert:  JKalman replied 3 months ago.

Hello, I am pleased to have the opportunity to assist you. My name is ***** ***** I can help you solve your problem.

I do not need to connect remotely to your computer to resolve this problem, if you can work with me interactively. I can give you detailed directions on the correct way to uninstall and reinstall your printer software. This method will give a clean installation and is guaranteed to work. Please let me know when you are ready to continue.