Richard, Technician
Experience:  Printer and scanner problem resolver for over 15 years

I use a Lexmark X6675 printer, which I purchased on-line

Customer Question

I use a Lexmark X6675 printer, which I purchased on-line from Staples a few years ago. Other than the cost of ink, I like this unit and rely on it often for various printing tasks.
It has been low on both inks over the past weeks and finally did not allow me to print. I purchased a combo pack (36 & 37) at Staples and installed the new cartridges yesterday.
The "Alignment - Please load PLAIN A4 paper and press OK" popped up on my screen as usual and I complied, pressing OK and waiting for the alignment process to take place.
The unit is stuck in this mode - I could not get out of this mode, no matter what I tried.
I erroniously on-line contacted who I thought was a Lexmark tech. DISASTER! Please help!!
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Richard replied 1 month ago.

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Can you please remove the power to the printer (so unplug it from the power socket).

Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the printer, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly.

Let me know the results please

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I had already tried this last evening but repeated it again just now. There is no change in the message - printer will not move from " Alignment ------------" mode.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 month ago.

Please note, the cartridges must fit perfectly into their slots. Try taking them out and paying very close attention to how you put them back in and tell me if this clears it please.