Nathan, Engineer
Experience:  Computer networking/repair. 12+ years experience.
59725966

Just got a OxFA code on my epson wf-3520, It is only 2 years

Customer Question

Just got a OxFA code on my epson wf-3520
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Epson is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: It is only 2 years old.. and the model is WF-3520
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: Mac
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: Never an issue..right before it happen it sounded like a paper jam issue
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: not really...have had no problems in the past
Category: Printers
Expert:  Nathan replied 3 months ago.

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this but I'll do my best to help you.

Expert:  Nathan replied 3 months ago.

Unfortunately this error indicates a hardware problem,

specifically, it is the result of a bad printhead (or the logic board that controls it).

The head is a "wear item" that fails with age/use. As this is a 2014 model printer, it is well into its maximum 3 year service life, so this type of failure is not surprising.

There is one step you can take here, to clean and reset the system, but it is very unlikely to help. 99.9% of the time, this does come down to a hardware fault.

While it can be fixed, it is not worthwhile to do so. You would have to, at a minimum, replace the printhead, which costs about $125; if the logic board is bad you’re looking at $200-250. For $80-100 you can replace the entire machine with a brand new model, with current technology and a fresh warranty, which makes more sense than buying the new part for an older printer.

Depending how you'd like to proceed, I can advise on the cleaning/reset steps if you wish to try, help with finding parts, finding a local repair shop, or recommending replacement options for you. Just let me know.

Best regards, ***** ***** for the news,