littlerusty2005
littlerusty2005, Technician
Experience:  Printer expert
63817454

Serial #KKAF19562 I have had my Canon Pixma MG5720 printer

Customer Question

Serial #KKAF19562
I have had my Canon Pixma MG5720 printer since May 2016. It replaced a like unit that had only a few months on it and went bad also. IS IT THE TYPE OR MODEL THAT'S A LEMON?
I use it for my personal home use, vs commercial use.
The latest problem is: ?Message "Support Code 1750" came up in the screen for the yellow cartridge.
The cartridge had about 1/3 tank full. So, I replaced it with a full one, but the problem still exists. Can't do anything on the window with the controls.
Need help.
BTW - the last time Canon sent me a new model, but getting the wireless system up and functioning took me 2 days.
Category: Printers
Expert:  littlerusty2005 replied 3 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** to Justanswer! Give me just a few minutes to look up some specifics, I'm working on this now.

There are no known issues with that printer, I think you just got (un)lucky getting a second bad printer. However, that would depend on how much you use your printer. Printers that are under $100 are meant for light use. If you use it often, I would suggest upgrading to an office-grade printer. They cost a little more, but they work great for heavier usage.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I'll wait.......Isn't there a LEMON Law for printers?

There is a warranty, not a lemon law. The warranty is good for one year, you shouldn't have a problem getting a new one for free. They cover parts and labor for one full year.

is their support number, give them a call, and they will help you with the warranty.

Are you able to get a new printer from Canon?