Shefin, Printer and Office Equip. Specialist
Experience:  Working as tech support specialist with a worldwide computer manufacturer.
15907069

My PIXMA 5620 printer won't scan or print from a document in

Customer Question

my PIXMA 5620 printer won't scan or print from a document in the printer but will print from my MACBOOK PRO. It has operated properly for several years! Also it was turning itself off after a couple of hours. Now it sees to operate properly as it did it has done for several years. Can' figure out what could have happened all of a sudde.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Shefin replied 3 months ago.

Hello!

Thank you for your question. I am Shefin and I look forward to helping you with your issue today.

Please follow the instructions given below.

1. Choose System Preferences from the Apple menu.
  2. Choose Print & Fax (or Print & Scan) or Printers & Scanners.
  3. Hold down the Control key as you click in the list at the left, then choose “Reset printing system” from the menu that appears.
  4. Then, click the + (plus sign that you see on the print & scan window, and not on the keyboard) sign to add printer. Select your printer from the list.

Note : Make sure that you are resetting the printing system before adding the printer.

Then, try printing and scanning anything.

If the issue persists, or you have any questions, please be back and let me know.

If you appreciate my service, please rate it EXCELLENT by clicking the EXCELLENT (5 Stars) and Submit. My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions. Thank you for your business!

Thank you!

S H E F I N

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
prints from computer but no scanning or printing (copying) from printer.
Expert:  Shefin replied 3 months ago.

Have you tried scanning using Image Capture? Follow the instructions in the link below.

http://www.switchingtomac.com/tutorials/how-to-scan-in-os-x-using-image-capture/

Thank you.

S H E F I N