John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

Printer: Cannon Pixma MG6320. PGBK pattern shows concave,

Customer Question

Printer: Cannon Pixma MG6320.
PGBK pattern shows concave, when printing text and lines they come out double lines, I have cleans the nozzles, the heads and manual alignment heads done. The issue remains. Pleas I need help to solve this problem.
Category: Printers
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Secure Remote Assistance. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Russell H. replied 3 months ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

(I regret that I am not able to offer Live Phone Call service at this time; However, your request is still open to other Experts in this category, and one of them may pick up on it at any time.)

The problem you are asking about sounds very unusual. Can you scan a copy of the nozzle check and post it to me, attached to your reply? I think that is the only way I will easily understand what the problem is.

How do commonplace printouts come out? garbled or doubled, or would you describe them some other way?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
print out come out doubled and lines in waves

That sounds like a problem with the double-stroke, as it were, method of printing: the printhead moves across the paper in one direction, laying down every other line of ink, then goes across in the other direction, laying down every other line of ink, and the paper has jerked a little in the interval between the two strokes across the paper, so that print comes out doubled or lines come out wavy.

If that describes what you see, I'm sorry to say it often is a defect in the printer circuitry and needs repair of the printer or replacement of the printer as often as not.

However, there is some hope perhaps: Does it come out that way even when the Nozzle Check page is generated from the printer itself? Try it from the printer's own menus, see if the defects show up that way. (If you need instructions, on how to do so, let me know.)

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I try several times already.

Then I honestly don't know what else to say, except:

- Have you been using regular Canon OEM-original ink cartridges?

- Have you been using regular and ordinary paper?

- How old is the printer?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I have been using replacement cartridges over a year without any problem.
The printer is about three years old.

Has the paper you have used been abnormal in any way?

Is the printer used in a damp, or hot, or cold, environment?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
No

Then I am sorry to say that I do not know what else to suggest. The printer may simply be 'broken that way' - it's a type of case I have seen often enough before, and means either replacing the printer or sending it to Canon for repair.

I have Opted Out, opening the case to other Experts for their suggestions, in case any other Expert has nay other suggestion to make.

(If you think this case is over, though, please rate my answers and work on this case. Thanks.)

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
In other way I just pay to you, just to tell me to replace the printer. Thank you, ***** ***** deserve a refund.