littlerusty2005, Technician
Experience:  Printer expert

I have a Canon Pc920 copier. Recently, I moved, and it was

Customer Question

I have a Canon Pc920 copier. Recently, I moved, and it was transported in a vehicle very carefully. However, when I hooked it back up there is a scraping or rubbing sound when I push the copy button, and the paper wraps around the first rollers and stays there, and the jam warning light comes on. I noticed that a spring was on the floor next to the copier, and I suspect that this spring is critical to getting the rollers to engage to carry the paper through the copying process. The copier is too heavy for me to take it to a service store, so I'm hoping someone there may have a guess where the spring might go. Thank you.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Printers
Expert:  littlerusty2005 replied 1 month ago.

Hello, my name is***** to Justanswer! Give me just a few minutes to look up some specifics, I'm working on this now.

Look in where the printer pulls in the paper. Look for any mechanical defects, and try to determine what is causing the paper to wrap around the roller. Are there rollers that aren't moving?