Sudipto, Engineer
Experience:  DIploma in Computer Hardware
15197395

My HP Office Jet Pro 8610 has stopped working as of this

Customer Question

My HP Office Jet Pro 8610 has stopped working as of this morning.
It is stating that I have either a missing or failed printhead.
My wireless summary is as follows:
IP: 10.1.10.201
Network Name: Child Matters - 2.4
MAC: AODC3C1DA539B
Host Name: HP9C8B60
Bonjour Name: HP Officejet
My printer is approximately 2 years old, and has daily "light" use.
Please advise.
Thank you.
Patricia Beyer ***@******.***
Please advise.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Sudipto replied 3 months ago.

Thanks for posting your question on Justanswer.com, a global paid independent support site.My Name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today.The problem you are facing is generally caused due to a defective printhead, there is known reasons for the fault, as this an electronic part, it can be defective due to some voltage issues inside the printer. Now, the problem can also cause due to ink on the contacts or sometimes the printhead can be loose too. There are several steps which you can try before replacing the printhead, like removing and reseating it, cleaning the contacts etc. I am giving you a link below, where you will find all the steps related to this problem, please try them out and check the result. If the problem persists then, unfortunately, the printhead is defective and you have to replace it to solve the problem. Please let me know, if you need any further information otherwise please remember to give a positive rating, as that is the only way I am compensated for my time and effort.

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c02899429