John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

I own a HP Photosmart 7520 printer. Everything was working

Customer Question

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I own a HP Photosmart 7520 printer. Everything was working fine, no indication that there were any problems, but yesterday I got a message that told me that I am not connected. Even though the wireless is on, the wireless is working, etc.
Please help.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Viet - Printer Tech replied 5 months ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. Are you currently able to make a copy from the printer's glass (not printing from the computer)?

Was there any change recently to your computer or to your internet service / internet modem / router device that may have caused this issue?

Do you have windows xp, vista, or 7, or 8, 10, or mac computer?
Can we do a remote support session, so I can troubleshoot the issue directly on your computer together with you?
Please reply at the box below. Thank you,

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I have a MacBook Pro. I never use the printer's glass to make copies. I need to copy information contained in my emails. The computer is not responding. Blinking blue light.What is a remote support session. If that's when you go into my computer, I am not comfortable with that.

I'm sorry. With remote support, you can see everything I do on the screen, and we have an A+ service rating at the Better Business Bureau website:

http://www.bbb.org/greater-san-francisco/business-reviews/professional-services-general/justanswer-in-san-francisco-ca-82403/

Remote support is quicker and easier for you as I will do all the troubleshooting steps for you. Wireless printing issue can be complicated. Otherwise, I will provide written instructions.

- Can you please put a document or photo faced down on the printer's glass, then press the Copy button / option on the printer, then does it copy fine?

- What's the brand / model of your internet modem / router device?

- Are you able to go to the Wi-Fi / wireless setup wizard / option on the printer's screen?

Please let me know your option; we guarantee our service. Thank you,

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I put a piece of paper on the glass and it made a copy, just fine. But I need to print wirelessly.I really do not want you in my computer. I won't budge on that.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Please ask me questions one at a time. Walk me through this.

No problem. What's the brand / model of your internet modem / router device?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Modem MotorolaRouter Pac Edge

Thank you. Can you please go to the Wi-Fi / wireless setup wizard / option on the printer's screen?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I am there now.

Great. Can you select / connect to your wi-fi / wireless network name there?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Doing that. It's 'processing'

OK, please let me know what it shows next. Thank you,

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
In 30 seconds.

Did it ask for your wi-fi/ wireless password ***** passphrase, if any?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Okay, I am back at WIFI / wireless set up / wireless network name. Now what.

What happens when you select your network name?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
It's asking me for my password, which I do not know.

Do you see any password ***** key / passphrase at the back / bottom of your motorola modem/ router device?

Is your Mac computer connected to the Motorola device with a cable? Or is the connection wireless?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Too many questions and you cannot help me. There goes your 100% rating. I need to guy and my wife has already contacted a service technician to come to the house tomorrow. Keep the $23.00. Thanks for your help. Good bye.

I'm sorry; we guarantee our service, so don't worry. It takes time for troubleshooting. Getting a local tech usually costs you a lot more. We can always continue whenever you are available. Thank you,