Nathan, Engineer
Experience:  Computer networking/repair. 12+ years experience.
59725966

I am getting error 0x97. I have unplugged it and shut it off

Customer Question

I am getting error 0x97. I have unplugged it and shut it off numerous times. When I turn it back on it tells me to run the head nozzle check but when I try to it gives me that error and then wants me to shut the printer off.
JA: What's the make and model of your printer, and can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: it is an Epson wf-3640 series and I know it is less than a year old
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: stated in my first message. I have turned it off and unplugged it
JA: The printer expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: I do not believe so
Category: Printers
Expert:  Nathan replied 3 months ago.

I can help you with finding a source to order phones, but I'm not sure what you mean by your other comment about sales on the phone.

Are you just looking to purchase additional/replacement handsets, for a DS6421 or DS6422 base station?
Or are you wanting to purchase complete phone systems (base + multiple handsets)?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I did not mention anything g about purchasing phones. I am having problems with my printer as clearly stated.
Expert:  Nathan replied 3 months ago.

I'm sorry that reply was misrouted to you and not intended for you.

Expert:  Nathan replied 3 months ago.

Unfortunately this error indicates a hardware problem which is considered a "fatal error" and will almost certainly require service.

This specific error pertains to a scanner pcb fault and/or logic board failure.

The only thing you can try in this case is to reset the machine:

unplug power at the wall outlet
wait 5 minutes
press and hold the power/on button for 60+ seconds
keep holding while plugging back in, and for another 60 seconds after, then release

If still on change, it confirms an internal fault, which requires service. Service for these is not practical either, as repairs on your own would be $200-250, while you could buy a brand new machine for half that. Luckily, this is a 2014 model, so depending on purchase date you should still be under the epson 1 year warranty, and can file a warranty claim to have them repair it.

Let me know how the reset goes, and I'll help with contact info to file a warranty claim at that point if needed.

Best regards, ***** ***** for the news,