GeekGal, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  MIS degree and 15+ years experience with both Mac and Windows hardware & software

Error = I-C life end replace I-c what does it mean because

Customer Question

Error = I-C life end replace I-c what does it mean because my printer is not printing
JA: What's the make and model of your printer, and can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: Konica Minolta magicolor 1690MF and is about 2 1/2 years old
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: well I thought I needed to replace a cartridge
JA: The printer expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: No
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Printers
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I wanted to correct my question the printer window says; CAUTION 1//C LIFE END REPLACE 1/C and Printer is not allowing me to continue Printing
Expert:  GeekGal replied 1 month ago.

Hi there! My name is***** am a computer professional with over 15 years of experience with both Mac and Windows computers, phones, tablets, and printers. It would be my pleasure to assist you with this.

This error message indicates that it is time to replace the imaging cartridge.

I am attaching a link to the user manual for this device. It is pdf format and can be printed out (but at 285 pages it is BIG!) or it can be saved for later viewing. This error is discussed on page 252.

For instructions on replacing the cartridge please see page 176.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Great, thanks for the Answer, one more question, is this I/C replaceable? if it is would it be worth the Expense or is it better to just get a new Printer?
Expert:  GeekGal replied 1 month ago.

It's definitely replaceable and in my opinion, worth the cost. If you purchase a new printer it will more than likely come with "starter" cartridges which will have a short life span.

Here's a link to the user manual for your product.

This error message is on page 252 and the instructions for replacing a cartridge begin on 176...I think, lol! I had to reboot due to an internet glitch and I'm relying on memory.

Expert:  GeekGal replied 1 month ago.

If the information that I have provided has been helpful, would you mind taking a moment to rate my service? I'd really appreciate it! As an independent contractor for just answer, I do not receive credit for my answer and I am not compensated in any way without a positive rating. Thank you!