Sudipto, Engineer
Experience:  DIploma in Computer Hardware
15197395

Cannot align printer heads. Printing only parts of lines. HP

Customer Question

Cannot align printer heads. Printing only parts of lines.
JA: What's the exact make and model of your printer, and can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: HP 8500A, given to me, not more than 4 years old
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: cleaned heads, replaced toner carts, tried reset with several methods from forums.
JA: The printer expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: no
Category: Printers
Expert:  Sudipto replied 3 months ago.

Thanks for posting your question on Justanswer.com, a global paid independent support site.My Name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today. The problem you are facing is caused due to a defective printhead, the last solution to this problem is replacing the printheads, but before that, you can follow the steps from the link below to flush the printhead, but remember the steps are followed by experienced techs, so be very careful while following the steps. Let me know, if you need any further help otherwise please remember to give a positive rating, as that is the only way I am compensated for my time and effort.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y6YjL7mff5c

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Cannot do that right now, so I cannot evaluate your answer.
Expert:  Sudipto replied 3 months ago.

I have given you two answers, one flushing the printhead and if that fails then, replacing the printhead, so please evaluate my answer after following both the steps.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Thank you. I will do so.
Expert:  Sudipto replied 3 months ago.

Thanks