MasterFixIt, Technician
Experience:  I have been fixing Printers and copiers for over 30 years.

I have a HP 2512 printer that I have used for years with no

Customer Question

I have a HP 2512 printer that I have used for years with no problems.
However I print a vast number of greeting cards using a program Microsoft Greetings 2000.
I recently upgraded my HP computer tp Windows 10
I print many cards using full page to create half page cards. Under this new system whenever I start the print it has me go through he process of printing two different pages so it can tell me what I have to do. After a while this becomes unnesseary and only wastes time and ink. So I just went thrugh this process without indicating type of printer. Now when I attempt to print a card I get the message, "steps must be completed before you can print" No solution is given as to how to correct and proceed. Also can this step be bypassed each time as I already know the answer.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Printers
Expert:  MasterFixIt replied 1 month ago.

Hi, I am Tech Michael and Im happy to help.

What you need to do is uninstall the programs and the Windows 10 driver for that printer . The restart your printer and your computer in that order. Then you must reload the driver and the disk that came with your printer. If you did this correctly, you will be asked those questions once again so you can change the answers so you dont have to continually do all that;-)

I will stick with you until this is complete.

Please rate my service kindly.

Also it is the only way I am credited for my time and expertise with you.

Once you rate, I will be notified and will add your question to my priority list so you can reach me anytime until this problem is solved.

Then you can reach me by simply replying to this message anytime.

Thank you and have a great evening!

Tech Michael