GeekGal
GeekGal, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  MIS degree and 15+ years experience with both Mac and Windows hardware & software
76665483

I have a canon mx 360 printer/fax, and it wont fax keep

Customer Question

I have a canon mx 360 printer/fax, and it wont fax keep getting a busy signal have tried changing wires around, can you help
Category: Printers
Expert:  GeekGal replied 3 months ago.

Hi there Hilary. My name is*****'m sorry that you are having this problem. I will do my best to help. May I ask what type of phone service you have? I ask because many people today don't have a traditional land line. Instead they have VOIP (voice over IP). VOIP is notorious for causing problems with fax machines. While a connection might sound perfectly fine to our ears, it may not be clear enough to allow two fax machines to talk to each other.

However, before we assume that is the problem, let's make sure that you have the phone line plugged in correctly. Please click the link below for detailed instructions and illustrations regarding where to plug in the phone line.

https://support.usa.canon.com/kb/index?page=content&id=ART110617&cat=0901e024800479dc&actp=LIST

Expert:  GeekGal replied 3 months ago.

if it was not plugged in correctly, and the instructions that I provided helped you to resolve the issue, would you mind taking a moment to rate my service? I'd really appreciate it! Without a rating I am not credited for my answer. If this doesn't solve the problem be sure to let me know so we can continue troubleshooting. Please let me know whether it is a fast buy or a regular busy.