TheGeekGal
TheGeekGal,
76665483

Blinks with new cartridges.

Customer Question

Gray blinks with new cartridges.
Category: Printers
Expert:  TheGeekGal replied 10 months ago.

Hi Larry. My name is*****'m sorry that you're having this problem. I will do my best to help. I'll need to ask a few questions. Is the light flashing orange by any chance? That is usually the case. I am not familiar with a gray light flashing. Is the flashing a certain number of times (2,3,4 etc) and pausing before repeating, or is continuously flashing with no pause?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
The color gray cartridge light is flashing when inserted. There is a message that the cartridge is not recognized. We have tried 2 new cartridges. It is a constant and never ending blink, blink, blink.

Thank you for the additional information Larry. The continuous flashing indicates that your printer believes that the ink has run out. This is a common problem with ink jet printers that are not used frequently. The ink that is left in the nozzles can dry up and clog the nozzles. The first thing that we should do is to perform a print head cleaning using the tools available under Canon printer properties. For a step by step guid eon performing this take, please click the link below:

https://support.usa.canon.com/kb/index?page=content&id=ART129207

If the problem is not resolved after running the entire cleaning process twice, including the deep cleaning, please wait 24 hours to give the ink in the nozzles a chance to soften, and then repeat once more.

Please give this a try and let me know how it works for you. If this solves the problem, would you mind taking a moment to rate my service? I'd really appreciate it! Without a rating I am not credited for my answer. If this doesn't solve the problem be sure to let me know so we can continue troubleshooting. We may need to try a manual cleaning of the print head. I am committed to working with you until the problem is resolved.