Russell H., Printer and Office Tech
Experience:  11+ yrs experience, inkjets & lasers, from huge to portable
13568747

How to change the language on the screen of a HP Officejet

Customer Question

How to change the language on the screen of a HP Officejet Pro 6830?
Category: Printers
Expert:  Russell H. replied 3 months ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

The right answer to your question, as the case actually stands, depends upon:

- What language and script/lettering system, is displayed on your HP printer, currently?

Or to put it another way: If it is in standard English lettering (as opposed to Chinese, Japanese kanji, or Korean etc. characters/ideograms/script), what does it say on the printer's screen at present?

We may be able to fumble through setting the language back to English by sheer feel - but knowing what language it is, would make that process much easier and surer.

Let me know, please, by using Reply To Expert, and I will instruct you as to how to correct the problem.

Assuming your question to be the same as that on this page:

http://www.justanswer.com/printers/9vy31-h-language-printer-14-4213-kolovoz-2016-kopiranje.html

then you need to do the following procedure:

..... (which I will post in just a minute or five minutes more...) ...

Instructions to change the language back to English:

- On the printer control panel, swipe the display to the left, and then touch the Setup icon (which looks like a sort of gear in a round circle, with a smaller circle to the upper left of it).

The Setup menu will display.

('Setup' in Croatian, is 'Postaviti'.)

- touch the first option in the Setup / Postaviti menu... which may look like 'Postavke'.

- then touch 'Jezik' (Language... note, if 'Jezik' does not show, stop here and tell me what *does* show up at this point. And I will instruct you.)

- then select, by touching, 'Engleski' or something quite similar to that. Which means, 'English'.

- and then touch the Home ('house-like' icon, or 'DOM' in Croatian) to return to the main screen.

If the language is not now English, then turn the printer Off for several minutes at this point, and then try it again.

Let me know how it goes! thanks. (And rate my answer favorably if it turns out to be working fine, please. A five-star rating would be appreciated!)