John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

I purchased an Epson Scanner. My old laptop had a cd/dvd

Customer Question

I purchased an Epson Scanner. My old laptop had a cd/dvd drive but I replaced it with a Dell Latitude and it doesn't have a DVD/CD player.
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Dell is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: How do I install the software? Sincerely, ***** ***** Sankary, J.D.
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: It is not troubleshooting. The new Dell laititude did not come with a CD drive and the only installation disk it came with was a CD? How do I intall it in this computer without a CD/DVD drive?
JA: The printer expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: That is basically the story. My old dell had a dvd and the Epson software installed. But the new Dell does not have a DVD/CD drive? So, how can I install the scanner software?
Category: Printers
Expert:  Viet - Printer Tech replied 6 months ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. What's the model of your Epson Scanner, such as Epson Perfection V19, or Epson WorkForce DS-40, etc.?

Please reply at the box below. Thank you,