John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

All I get when I try to print is "paper Jam or not correctly

Customer Question

All I get when I try to print is "paper Jam or not correctly installed". Paper is correct size and brand.
Category: Printers
Expert:  JKalman replied 3 months ago.

Hello, I am pleased to have the opportunity to assist you. My name is ***** ***** I can help you solve your problem. What is the make and model of your printer?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
canon selphy cp910
Expert:  JKalman replied 3 months ago.

Does the error message appear on your computer or on the printer display? Wheat is your computer operating system?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
It comes to the printer. Sometimes it says check printer Connection
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Windows 7
Lw
Expert:  JKalman replied 3 months ago.

Is your printer connected wirelessly to your network?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
no
Expert:  JKalman replied 3 months ago.

Are you using a usb printer cable?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
usb Printer is used.
Expert:  JKalman replied 3 months ago.

What error is shown on the printer display right now?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Printer shows selphy
And my name.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I discnnected after i recd the error msg
Expert:  JKalman replied 3 months ago.

Disconnecting each end of the usb cable and reconnecting it several times is the right thing to do, because is cleans oxidation off of the contacts, which could be interfering with the correct operation of the printer.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Ok i will try that
Expert:  JKalman replied 3 months ago.

Then we can reinstall your printer drivers.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Same message no paper or incorrectly inserted. Says that oj printer and. computer screen
Expert:  JKalman replied 3 months ago.

In your original question you stated that the exact error message was "Paper jam or not correctly installed". Now you are saying that the error message is "No paper or incorrectly inserted". Those two messages have entirely different meanings. What is the exact error message?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Ive gotten both replies. I tried again and this time it says paper jam turn printer off and then on again. Sorry to confuse you.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Most times the paper moves only slightly and then gives me the message. I wonder if the wheels simply cant grab the paper.
Expert:  JKalman replied 3 months ago.

The word "installed" refers to software, and the word "inserted" refers to media. Which one of these you saw used would determine my approach and ability to solve your problem.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Paper jam
Expert:  JKalman replied 3 months ago.

Here is a link to follow to clear a paper jam. It describes how to remove the cover, which you should do, even if you do not think that you have a jam, because opening the cover and replacing it will reset the jam signal. Please use a flashlight to look or any foreign objects in the paper path.

https://support.usa.canon.com/kb/index?page=content&id=ART150805

Expert:  JKalman replied 3 months ago.

Are you still having problems? If so, I will opt out and let other experts see what we have discussed and done. One of them should be able to help you.