John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.

I have a MX870 that has worked flawlessly until I replaced

Customer Question

I have a MX870 that has worked flawlessly until I replaced modem and router yesterday. Now it shows as "offline" and I can't figure out how to fix it - been trying for three hours. Nothing seems to work.
JA: How long has this been going on?
Customer: one day
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Wireless lan setup process. Used quick version and advance. Manually entered data instead of selecting the network by name which is "homenet" The network name "homenet" and the password "hersheythedog" are the same as the old router.
JA: The printer expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: no
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 month ago.

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this but I'll do my best to help you.

Expert:  Nathan replied 1 month ago.

When you redid the network setup, does it actually show as connected, on the printer itself?