Dustin, Printer Repair Specialist
Experience:  A deep understanding and technical prowess in the finer points of printing and printer repair. Also worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller
19897260

Wf 2660 Locked in recovery mode, 2 Days. Tried to download

Customer Question

Wf 2660 Locked in recovery mode
JA: How long has this been going on?
Customer: 2 Days. Tried to download updates that appeared
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Reloaded initial disc that came with unit. Won't respond.
JA: The printer expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: No and Thank You
Category: Printers
Expert:  Dustin replied 6 months ago.

Welcome to Justanswer.com, my name is Dustin.
I'm sorry to hear about the issue you are having, I will do my best to help you resolve it.

The only way to fix that error is to connect the epson to your computer via its usb cord. And then download and install the firmware recovery file.

You can get that file here

http://www.epson.com/cgi-bin/Store/support/supDetail.jsp?oid=252861&infoType=Downloads

Remember, its the firmware specifically, that you need to download and then update.. Not the driver.

Once you have updated the firmware it will fix the issue. Let me know if you get stuck or have further questions.

I strive to provide great service, and greatly appreciate a 5 star rating clicked and submitted when you are satisfied.. I always answer follow up questions.

Dustin S.

Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Dustin, extra charge for you to do it? Could you also enable Scan and Fax? 30 minutes and still lock in Recovery Mode.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Remote Tech Support. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Dustin replied 6 months ago.

There is an extra charge for a remote connection.. And I can work on t he scanner as well, we h ave to get the printer repaired first though.

As to the extra charge, if I am unsuccessful in resolving the issue you will be entitled to a full refund.

Dustin S