John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

GT-S80 Scanner, periodically the USB connection stops

Customer Question

GT-S80 Scanner, periodically the USB connection stops working if I power off scanner then power back on it starts working again. As a S/W engr myself this seems like a driver problem so I was just looking to see if anyone else had similar problem.
JA: How long has this been going on?
Customer: It only happens about one every couple of days... Been going on for a month or so... seems to ocur most often during periods, of inactivity greater than 10min...
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Like I said I was just going to check for new drivers...
JA: The printer expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: no
Category: Printers
Expert:  Russell H. replied 3 months ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

As an Expert with a long-standing background in computer hardware and electronics, I'm interested in working with a software engineer on this problem.

Are you just seeking a source for updated drivers for your computer to drive this GT-S80 scanner?

Or would you like any help in diagnosing the problem, also?

Let me know, by Reply To Expert, so that I can know what it is you are asking for. Thanks.