John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.

Model number SCX-4623F. Display says "printing......" all of

Customer Question

Model number SCX-4623F. Display says "printing......" all of the time. The device will still copy and print from the computer, but will no longer scan and fax. Thank you, Murray
JA: What is the machine's exact make and model? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: Samsung SCX-4623F. Probably about five years old, but rarely used.
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I have rebooted and messed around with all the functions that I can find on it, but no solution. As soon as it reboots it still indicates "printing....."
JA: The printer expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: No thanks.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Printers
Expert:  GeekGal replied 1 month ago.

Hi there! My name is***** am a computer professional with over 15 years of experience with both Mac and Windows computers, phones, tablets, and printers. It would be my pleasure to assist you with this.

When you setup the Kindle, were you asked to enter the password ***** your Wifi? If so, did it accept it and join the network? If so, let's try an easy possible fix first. Please restart your wireless router and your Kindle. Turn the wireless router back on and give it a full 5 minutes to fully connect to the internet, etc. Next turn your Kindle back on. Test to see if it is connected and let me know the results.

Expert:  GeekGal replied 1 month ago.

I am terribly sorry. That response was posted on your question page in error. it was meant for another customer. I will opt out and re-open the question so someone else can assist. Thanks you for your patience!

Expert:  JKalman replied 1 month ago.

Hello, I am pleased to have the opportunity to assist you. My name is ***** ***** I can help you solve your problem. What is your computer operating system?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Can you read back through the thread so I don't have to tell the whole story again?
Expert:  JKalman replied 1 month ago.

I have done that, but you have not mentioned your operating system. Do you have a pc or a mac?