GeekGal
GeekGal, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  MIS degree and 15+ years experience with both Mac and Windows hardware & software
76665483

I have 2 brother printers. My 93, My 9320 does not show up

Customer Question

I have 2 brother printers. My 93
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Brother is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: My 9320 does not show up in the control Center and I cannot scan. About 5 years old
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: None. When I select scan on the printer, it says check connection
JA: The printer expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: no
Category: Printers
Expert:  GeekGal replied 3 months ago.

Hi there! My name is***** am a computer professional with over 15 years of experience with both Mac and Windows computers, phones, tablets, and printers. It would be my pleasure to assist you with this. In order to best help you, I'll need to ask a few questions.

I will need to know what operating system you have on your computer. If you're not sure, please click this link and tell me what you see:

http://whatsmyos.com/

Also, what is the model number of the 2nd Brother printer. Is that the one that you can't scan from?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I have a 6490 on lan and it scans.
I have a 9420 on wireless and it will not scan. The 9420 does not show up in ControlCenter
Expert:  GeekGal replied 3 months ago.

Thank you for that information.

I also need to know what operating system you have on your computer. If you're not sure, please click this link and tell me what you see:

http://whatsmyos.com/

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Windows 7
Expert:  GeekGal replied 3 months ago.

Thank you, ***** ***** that both should be fully compatible with Windows 7. Would you consider allowing me to connect remotely to your computer and work on this while you watch? I suspect that we may need to uninstall the software for the 9420, and reinstall it. It is also possible that the Brother ControlCenter software may need to be updated. If you'd prefer to do this yourself, please go to http://support.brother.com/g/b/productsearch.aspx?c=us&lang=en&content=dl, type in your model name (9420) and follow the prompts to locate the most recent version of the software for your printer and operating system. Be sure to choose the Full Driver and Software Package for your printer as this will also update the control panel to the latest version.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
OK - Case closed.
Expert:  GeekGal replied 3 months ago.

Is it now printing and scanning correctly? If so would you mind taking a moment to rate my service? I'd really appreciate it! Without a rating I am not credited for my answer. Thank you!