TheGeekGal
TheGeekGal,
76665483

I am running windows 10 and when i updated my epson network

Customer Question

I am running windows 10 and when i updated my epson network scan no longer worked. My network print does. i can scan via usb if i need to . any suggestions ?
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Epson is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: epson 2540
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: i have update all epson software to the latest versions. i don't know how to
JA: The printer expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: confirm the scan software net work connections
Category: Printers
Expert:  TheGeekGal replied 4 months ago.

Hi there. My name is Alison. I am a computer professional with over 15 years of experience with both Mac and Windows computers, phones, tablets, and printers. It would be my pleasure to assist you with this.

The best way to approach this is to completely uninstall the print, scan, and fax software and drivers, and install the Drivers and Utilities Combo Package for Windows 10.

You can uninstall the software by right clicking on the windows start icon, left clicking on control Panel, then Programs, and uninstall a program. Look through the list for all software related to the Epson printer and uninstall. Next, turn off the printer, and shut down and restart the computer and the printer.

Download the new software from this link:

http://www.epson.com/cgi-bin/Store/support/supDetail.jsp?oid=209708&infoType=Downloads&platform=OSF_W_10-64

Locate the software in your downloads folder and doubleclick to begin the installation. This should resolve the problem.

If you'd like, I can offer the PREMIUM SERVICE of a SECURE REMOTE CONNECTION. This will allow me to see exactly what is happening on your computer and to work on the problem while you watch. This is completely optional. If you do not choose to take this service, please give my instructions a try and let me know how it works for you. If this solves the problem, would you mind taking a moment to rate my service? I'd really appreciate it! Without a rating I am not credited for my answer. If this doesn't solve the problem or if you run into any difficulties or have any questions, be sure to let me know so I can help. Thank you!