Nathan, Engineer
Experience:  Computer networking/repair. 12+ years experience.
59725966

Epson Printer WF-3620. Just got an error code of 0xEA. It is

Customer Question

Epson Printer WF-3620. Just got an error code of 0xEA.
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Epson is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: It is only a few months old.
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I just change the ink cartridge and then I got this message.
JA: The printer expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: No. Just want to get it printing again. Thank you!
Category: Printers
Expert:  Nathan replied 3 months ago.

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this but I'll do my best to help you.

Expert:  Nathan replied 3 months ago.

This is a “diffuse” message which simply denotes an internal fault. That can be caused by anything from debris/obstruction (paper jam, bent/damaged rails, out of place purge assembly/wiper, or dirty/dislocated encoder strip) to an actual hardware defect (bad sensor or control board, faulty carriage drive motor/gear/belt, bad printhead/carriage pcb).

What we can try here are some cleaning and reset steps.
First, open up the printer, and check for any internal debris such as scraps of paper, paperclip or staple, etc. Then remove the input paper supply.

Check if you’re able to move the carriage manually, or if it moves on its own when lifting the lid. If it does move, you can proceed with cleaning by blowing out the Inside compartment with compressed air and checking carefully on both sides for any obstructions. Next remove all of the ink cartridges, then clean the metal electrical contacts on the back, as well as where they mate up inside the printer, using qtips and rubbing alcohol. Dry well, then reseat the cartridges. Then wipe down the encoder strip, which is a clear plastic strip running the width of the printer, that sits just slightly above and behind the carriage. Next take a piece of heavy paper like card stock and push that through the rollers (feed path) to dislodge any last bits of paper that may be stuck.

Slide the paper guides to the center then back out, fan the front edge of the paper stack, and replace the paper supply.

Then reset the machine:
unplug power at the wall outlet
wait 5 minutes
press and hold the power/on button for 60+ seconds
keep holding while plugging back in, and for another 60 seconds after, then release

Let me know the results, and I’ll advise further if needed.

Expert:  Nathan replied 3 months ago.

A remote session would not be productive here, this is not something that can be addressed remotely. We can however do a phone call service if that would be an easier way for you to communicate.

Expert:  Nathan replied 3 months ago.

I’ve attempted to accept your request, but it appears to have failed on your end due to a payment issue. You may need to increase your deposit or clear a security hold on your account. I’ll resend a new phone offer from my end that may be more readily processed. If you prefer to continue here in chat, that is fine too, just let me know. Just let me know either way.

Thanks,

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I asked one question and was charged twice!
Expert:  Nathan replied 3 months ago.

You were charged twice because it appears you have posted 2 separate questions on the same topic.

The duplicate has already been cancelled, and I'll be happy to send a note to customer service on your behalf to be sure that you are refunded for it, though that is usually an automatic process, it just can take several days to reflect with your bank.

For your initial question, I've provided the answers/details above for you.

I did not accept your remote request because this is not something that can be addressed remotely, it is a printer hardware fault; accepting the remote session would have cost you more, which I did not deem necessary. Instead, I provided specific steps above for you to follow to resolve the hardware fault.

If you have any other questions, just let me know. Otherwise, please take a moment to rate my service using the stars at the top of the page; hopefully I have earned 5 Stars. I also invite you to contact me directly with any future support needs at http://bit.ly/1QwLxGh and ask for Nathan.

Thank you, ***** ***** a nice day,

Expert:  Nathan replied 3 months ago.

Do you need more help with this?