John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.

Problems getting it connected to this laptop. Ever since an

Customer Question

Problems getting it connected to this laptop.
JA: How long has this been going on?
Customer: Ever since an upgrade in laptop and upgrade in software earlier this summer. The laptop is set up to a university network.
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I have followed instructions on the printer (MX870) and confirmed it is on our home network. Then I have tried to add the printer on the laptop.
JA: What's the exact make and model of your printer, and can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: Canon MX870. Where can I find more specific information on model number?
JA: The printer expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: Fine for now.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Sudipto replied 1 month ago.

Thanks for posting your question on, a global paid independent support site.My Name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today. Can you tell me, how do you have connected the printer with the laptop, like using an USB cable or Wireless network etc, ?