Jennifer French
Jennifer French, Technician
Experience:  Owner at Down Home Technical Solutions
95132829

I have an HP printer and I put a colored ink cartridge in

Customer Question

I have an HP printer and I put a colored ink cartridge in and it will not read it, won't print, not even in black and white. What should I do?
Category: Printers
Expert:  Jennifer French replied 7 months ago.

Howdy Lynn! My name is ***** ***** I'll be the expert assisting you on this fine Saturday! I understand that you are unable to print at all even after buying a new cartridge? I know that's gotta be wildly frustrating but I will do everything I can to help you resolve it, okay?

I do need to ask you, though. Is this printer just spitting out blank pages? Do you have ANY type of splatter, faint ink impressions, or anything like that? Most importantly, are you getting any type of error messages?

Before you reply, here is what I would like you to do. I am going to send you some documentation from HP to follow. You may have already done some of this, and that's okay. I'd advise to just go in order, even if you already have done it.

CLICK HERE FOR DOCUMENTATION

If this doesn't resolve the issue, let me know! We can try something else.

If it DOES, however, I would appreciate it greatly if you rate my answer with 5 stars so that I can receive credit for assisting you today, as this is how we are compensated for our time and effort.

Thank you for using Just Answer!

Jennie

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
It is printing out blank pages. The black ink is full and showing color empty. When I put in new color cartridge it didn't print out an alignment page.

Were you able to do any of the troubleshooting from the HP documentation?

Here is the complete user guide for your printer.

Click here to download

On page 31, there is more in depth troubleshooting. I would follow the whole thing through. This, by all intents and purposes, should resolve whatever is causing this.

You can also skip to Page 34, if you'd like. That may be more helpful.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Nothing is working, I'm guessing I have to buy a new printer

That would have been my next suggestion, unfortunately. I'm sorry that we weren't able to resolve the issue with troubleshooting.

If you want a good printer, I would suggest this one:

http://www.officedepot.com/a/products/880392/Canon-PIXMA-Wireless-Color-Inkjet-All/?cm_mmc=PLA-_-Google-_-Printers-_-880392-VQ6-47886868676-VQ16-c-VQ17-pla-VQ18-online-VQ19-880392-VQ20-76863349556-VQ21--VQ22-177839036-VQ27-9203161796&gclid=Cj0KEQjw9IS-BRC4qZXagbLs6uMBEiQAYHBh-39DHZOqXjEKESPXj_4p1K6G-dximBpcpopk6QrEpKMaAvLE8P8HAQ

I did provide you with all the information that I had in my possession. If my answer did help you reach this conclusion, I would ask you to kindly rate my answer with 5 stars so that I may receive credit for assisting you, as this is how we are compensated.

Hope you have a wonderful evening!

Jennie