GeekGal
GeekGal, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  MIS degree and 15+ years experience with both Mac and Windows hardware & software
76665483

How to turn on HL-5470DW Brother Printer

Customer Question

how to turn on HL-5470DW Brother Printer
Category: Printers
Expert:  GeekGal replied 3 months ago.

Hi there. Hi there! My name is***** am a computer professional with over 15 years of experience with both Mac and Windows. I'm sorry that you're having this issue. It would be my pleasure to help you resolve this.

There should be a power switch on the lower right side toward the back that turns the printer on and off. If you have located the switch but you still can't turn it on, please check to make sure that the power cord is securely connected to the printer in the back of the printer and that it is plugged in to an electrical outlet. If you still can't get it to turn on, please try plugging it into a different electrical outlet that is known to be working.

Expert:  GeekGal replied 3 months ago.

Please give this a try and let me know how it works for you. If this solves the problem, would you mind taking a moment to rate my service? I'd really appreciate it! Without a rating I am not credited for my answer. If this doesn't solve the problem be sure to let me know so we can continue troubleshooting.

Here is a link to the user manual for this printer., It is in pdf format so you can save it your computer to view, or you can print it (but it's 177 pages). On page 1, right after the appendix there are illustrations of the printer showing you where the power switch is located and where the power cord plugs in. Hopefully that will be helpful to you, botth now and in the future.

http://support.brother.com/g/b/manuallist.aspx?c=us&lang=en&prod=hl5470dw_us_eu_as&type2=5