Jennifer French
Jennifer French, Technician
Experience:  Owner at Down Home Technical Solutions
95132829

4F error. Magenta head blocked. Cleaned via cleaning

Customer Question

4F error. Magenta head blocked. Cleaned via cleaning cartridges, did not fix. ~Then used print hospital kit to flush nozzle. Flushed fine. Doing some prints with full red to flush through red channel. Did some but mainly got solid yellow. Then printer came up with 4F error. Any ideas
JA: What's the make and model of your printer, and can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: DCP-6690CW, perhaps 12 years old. Does not owe me anything. Great printer so I will probably just buy replacement from Amazon
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Switched on and off. Was complaining that cyan was empty. Very low but not empty. Put in cyan cleaning cartridge that was not empty. cyan empty cleared. Reading ok back to computers. Still clear error, Switch off then on. Error disappears until I try a test print. then back again
JA: The printer expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: What will I need? Pricing? as I need to get a new printer delivered for tomorrow as I need this
Category: Printers
Expert:  Jennifer French replied 3 months ago.

Howdy! My name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you on this fine day!

I see that you are getting error 4F on your trust old printer. Give me just a moment to research the model and I will see if there is anything we can do!

Ah, I just did some research on that error and Error 4F basically means that the printhead has had enough of life and that the printer needs to be serviced. I also see that you have done pretty much every bit of troubleshooting that I would ask you to do, so my professional opinion would be a replacement, anyway.

I am providing you with a link to a printer that is comparable to the one that has stood by you through the years.

CLICK HERE TO VIEW

I send my condolences for your previous printer, as I know it served you well.

If you would kindly rate my answer today with 5 stars, I would greatly appreciate it, as this is how we receive credit and compensation.

I bid you a wonderful rest of your day and thank you for choosing Just Answer!

Jennie

Were you able to resolve this at all? Let me know!